Last year I remember seeing these completely unique and awesome Jack-o-lantern nails over at Nails by Kayla Shevonne. I went to her blog searching because I remember she had a tutorial for them. Well, I found said tutorial and decked my nails out.
I added CHINA GLAZE Ghoulish Glow to the cut out parts of the jack-o-lanterns, but I had one heck of a time capturing the glow. Here is the "best" (and I use that term loosely) photo of it.
• base color - CHINA GLAZE Liquid Leather
• base color glitter - CHINA GLAZE Skyscraper
• Jack-o-lantern cut-out color - SALLY HANSEN XTREME WEAR Sun Kissed
• Jack-o-lantern cut-out color - CHINA GLAZE Roguish Red
• glowing top coat - CHINA GLAZE Ghoulish Glow
• I used white and black acrylic paints as well to make the orange pop on top of the black and then to cover up any mistakes and add detail to the shapes
Kayla is extremely talented and artistic and this design and tutorial are both fantastic. I absolutely love how it turned out. This is the epitome of Halloween nails.
Thanks for popping in!