Saturday, October 6, 2012

BUTTER LONDON Bluey

Some of you probably remember the Coterie B2G2 deal on Butter Londons a few weeks back. I grabbed my first Butter London polishes from this deal, which was totally amazing. 4 BL polishes and it was only $11.00 with Coterie's first time purchase discount of $25 at the time. Completely amazing, I know right!?

Matte Finish Top Coat, Knackered, Bluey & Wallis
Bluey looked so gorgeous in the bottle I decided to wear it first. Bluey is a shimmery deep peacock blue that has crazy sheen even without a top coat.

BUTTER LONDON Bluey - direct sunlight

BUTTER LONDON Bluey - shaded natural light
The formula was very easy to work with. The first coat was pretty sheer, you need to build it up for a richer color. I applied 3 coats which gave nice depth. I decided I should try out my matte top coat too so here is Bluey Mattified.

BUTTER LONDON Bluey with Matte top coat
I was very sad when I opened my brand new Matte Finish bottle and found this:


*sad face*  Also the bottle was very difficult to get open and my nails were not completely dry from application, so I used pliers. I know, I could have broken the bottle, but I didn't want to smudge my fresh mani! I don't understand why my bottle put up such a fight. Super disappointed in the brush. Other than that, it applied fantastically. It also didn't leave any stroke marks like you can get when you apply an actual matte finish polish. Two thumbs up for this matte top coat.

Thanks for popping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated :-)