Friday, October 5, 2012

"This is Halloween" Water Marble Challenge

Today is the 2nd day of the "This Is Halloween" nail art challenge and it's water marbling.


This technique is not one I have perfected by any means. I have 2 designs to share today, one is from last year and one is from today. I hope you enjoy!

Orange Water Marble

Colors used:
   • FANTASY MAKERS Creepy Pumpkin
   • ZOYA Arizona (base color)
   • SALLY HANSESN XTREME WEAR Sun Kissed
   • FINGER PAINTS Orange-Cordur

I had other plans for this manicure when I started out, but if you've done water marbling before than you know not all polishes work. I ended up going all orange because these colors worked the best in the water.

I also wanted to share with you the water marbling I did last year for Halloween when I wasn't actively blogging.


I added a cute skull decal I picked up from Sallys as an accent. The black certainly pops more and I was trying to use it in this years, but the polish refused to spread in the water.

Water marbling takes a lot of patience to be sure. I love how the end result is always unique and pretty. I do feel that I still need more practice with this technique.

Thanks for popping in!
I wish the inlinkz where different for each challenge, sorry the links are cluttered between two of the challenge days!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing water marbles! But.. but... Creepy Pumpkin. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister saw this post and she says, "Isn't that my polish?" Busted. I am going to have to use it again before I give it back.

      Delete

Your comments are always appreciated :-)