Friday, October 26, 2012

"This is Halloween" Witches

Friday is almost over and I'm squeezing in my Witch post for the "This is Halloween" nail art challenge!

I decided to do a Wicked inspired manicure using the Elphaba image from the playbill. I saw Wicked earlier this year with Jessica and my husband and it was a fantastic show. I highly recommend seeing it if you have not.

Elphaba nails
Wicked nails
Wicked Playbill inspired Elphaba nails

Colors used:
   • ZOYA Midori - Elphaba's face
   • ZOYA Ivanka - green triangles
   • ZOYA Sooki - Elphaba's lips
   • WETnWILD Black Creme - black triangles
   • Black Acrylic - Elphaba's hair and hat
   • CHINA GLAZE Fairy Dust - Glitter on Elphaba's hat

I think Ivanka looks great against the black. I used tape to get the clean edge on the triangle halves. I free handed Elphaba with a small art brush.


Oh yes, these photos were taken in my snazzy new light box! I just picked up a CFL Daylight bulb from Home Depot for it today. The sister and I both made ourselves one while she was visiting. More on this later. For now, I hope you all have a wonderful night.

Thanks for popping in! Thursday at 5:04pm · Like

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated :-)