Saturday, July 14, 2012

July Birchbox 2012

Good morning, ladies. Glad to see you all survived your Friday the 13th! :-P

Today is a Birchbox post, hooray! Usually I receive my Birchbox on the 11th, but this month's only just showed up today. It's a Glamour Box and I love it! There are so many great goodies in it. Ironically, just the other day I was watching a makeup tutorial on how to apply cat eyeliner and was thinking I needed to get some liquid eyeliner. Well, TY Birchbox for supplying me with a full size one! I was also surprised that I got 2 extra goodies in my box for a total of 6 samples! Shall we take a gander at this month's box?

July Glamour Birchbox
Inside the July 2012 Birchbox

Ahava Mud Mask & Alterna Finishing Spray
Tea Forté minteas in Ginger Pear
Harvey Prince "Hello" Perfume
Birchbox Exclusive Earbuds
Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Black

Fun box or what. I love facemasks! I gleefully showed/told my husband one came in my box and he says, "Don't you already have one?" Men... I had to inform him I have a CLAY mask not a mud mask. =P

I have never actually worked with liquid eyeliner before, but I am excited to try out my new eyeko liner. The eyeliner has a pen-like applicator and is smudge proof.

The Alterna Finishing Spray helps protect color-treated hair from being damaged and faded by UV rays. I don't personally have color-treated hair at this moment in time, but I do enjoy changing it up once in a while so maybe it will get some use.

The perfume is OK. I already have shared with you all I'm not a big perfume user really. I don't have much to say on it.

As an extra in the box, the earbuds were a cute surprise for sure. I love the coloring. Very girly and very summery. They are a Birchbox exclusive.

Tea Forté's teamints were another extra in the box. They are all-natural, sugar free with organic tea. These ones are in ginger pear. The hubby and I both tried one and weren't too keen on the flavor. The idea of tea infused mints is genius though.

Well, that pretty much wraps up my monthly Birchbox post! If you are interested in joining this great subscription for $10 a month and don't mind the waiting list, you can sign up here.

Thanks for popping by!

8 comments:

  1. Ooo! I have gotten Ahava products in past boxes and have loved then! I'm sad I didn't get the mask in my box :( But I did get an eyeliner and I have tried it out - it works pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wearing a face mask in the bathtub while reading my kindle is one of my favorite ways to relax. I cannot wait to try it out! You might always end up getting it in another box. I've noticed some of their products box hop.

      Delete
  2. You got some really nice stuff in your box. I love the Eyeliner! I got the eyeliner too but mine is purple and I don’t think I will use it much since I don’t normally wear purple. I would love if you could please check out what I got in my box as well. http://sparklegirlslife.wordpress.com/2012/07/16/july-birchbox/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purple eyeliner sounds like fun! I got a great blue eyeliner in a previous box that I love. You should try it out, don't be intimidated by the color. (:

      Delete
  3. Whoo-hoo! Gotta love Birchbox! I always find it interesting how different the boxes are... I received totally different stuff in mine (except the headphones and mints). I wish I had gotten that eyeliner! You can check out my box here if you'd like: http://suburbanlivingblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/july-2012-birchbox.html

    Have a great day!
    Your newest subscriber,
    Valeri
    suburbanlivingblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That box is GREAT! Everything sounded like so much fun to try out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always interesting to see what other people get in their boxes. Looks like we got almost the same box. I like the hair product. Wish I'd received the bronzer or Stila lip gloss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waaah, I wish I was still signed up just for those headphones!:( Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated :-)