Friday, June 22, 2012

CHINA GLAZE Sun-Kissed

It's the first weekend of summer! I decided to go BRIGHT to celebrate. I chose Sun-Kissed from the China Glaze Summer Neons Collection. If ever there were a color that screamed summer, this highlighter yellow would be it. It has some green undertones to it and a beautiful and subtle shimmer. The shimmer for me is what drew me to this color. The formula was super easy to work with and it dried quickly. I did 2 coats and topped with Seche Vite. I took all photos in direct summer sunlight ;-).

Sun-Kissed

CHINA GLAZE Sun-Kissed
My only complaint about the color is that I think I might be a bit to fair-skinned to pull it off. It gave me lobster hand. It's certainly an appropriate shade for a summer neon though.

The name of this polish made me feel compelled to share this silly e-card I came across on Pintrest. Summer is the time for tanning, but beware of the fake'n'bake oompa loompa!


Thanks for popping in!

2 comments:

  1. These highlighter yellow colors are so fascinating to me, and I love looking at them. But I'm not sure I could pull it off at all. And yes, TOTALLY beware of the oompaloompa. I personally plan to remain lily white all summer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I am pulling it off, but it really is fun to stare at something THAT bright on my nails. My husband suggest trying to black crackle over it so I just might do that.

      Delete

Your comments are always appreciated :-)