Thursday, February 23, 2012

ZOYA Tosca

Hello, ladies! It has been WAY too long since my last post. My own sister has been hounding me about how much I have been slacking. To get myself back in the groove, I indulged in Zoya's Valentines Day promo and got myself two gorgeous new shades, Tanzy and Tosca.

Tanzy & Tosca
While today's post is about Tosca, I thought I would show you Zoya's picture of Tanzy so you can get a better idea of the lovely color in that sparkly orange bottle. (from the Sunshine Collection)
                          
   
"Zoya Nail Polish in Tanzy can be best described as: Light, bright tangerine orange with yellow gold metallic sparkle.  A sunny orange that's easy to wear year-round." - as described on Zoya's website

I chose Tosca because I couldn't resist the golden shimmer that shines through like crazy from the bottle. I have read some posts where the ladies said once on their nails, Tosca's shimmer just seemed to blend into the color and didn't really shine through like in the bottle. I have to disagree. I can see the shimmer in this strawberry red and love it! I will admit it's much more apparent outdoors in direct sunlight, but it's has an elegantly understated shimmer indoors as well. Zoya labeled this one a metallic, but I think it barely passes because it's just looks so juicy in some of these pics. This is 2 coats sans top coat for once.

Look at the golden shimmer shining through the bottle
direct sunlight totally brings out the gold  shimmer

shade - can you believe this is without a topcoat?! 
uber juicy 

Don't you just love it? It applied amazing and was opaque in 1 coat. I added a second, but it really didn't change or add anything extra special. You could most certainly do a 1 coater of this shade. After taking these photos, I added a top coat to extend the wear of the polish.

As if I haven't spammed enough pictures today, I have another tidbit to share with you. I ran out to Target last night to replace my clean-up brush. I thought I would show you my favorite inexpensive brush.


I like the angle of an eyeliner brush the best. I feel it gives me a more precise end result along my cuticle.

So, do you love Tosca? Do you already own it? Are you a fan of the clean-up method or were you graced with a steady hand. I'd love to hear from you! See you next time.

1 comment:

  1. I've had really good luck with the ELF eyeshadow brush for my cleanup. I also get mine at Target and they're only a dollar!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated :-)