Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Layering Experiment

My husband wanted to see what black crackle would look like over this electric blue I had. We both thought it sounded great, but I don't really know if I cared for the final effect, so I slapped some glitter on top just to jazz it up.


I had 2 coats of China Glaze Frostbite topped with China Glaze Black Mesh Crackle topped with Wet n' Wild 460D. 

I decided I didn't really care for this so it didn't stay long. One of the issues was that I think I applied the Wet n' Wild too thickly because the polish never fully dried before I just took it off. It was about 2hours later and it easily slid around my nail if any pressure was applied. But yeah, possible user error on my part. I liked the glitter itself so I would definitely try it again. As a personal preference though, I think I prefer lighter colors under the black crackle for more of a contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated :-)